Since the beginning of my task which was the preliminary task I have learnt many new skills as well as developing on some skills which I already had. The things which I enjoyed learning as well were the insight in what the conventions of a music magazine actually are. Also the amount of research and new things I found out to do was exciting from looking at how magazines are supposed to be layed out to what goes into getting a music magazine to sell. The way in which it was layed out completely changes it from looking like a poster or a leaflet or anything to looking like a real life music magazine.
The more I used Photoshop means that I became more use to it and things became more easy to use when using Photoshop on the preliminary task allowed me to get abit of a taster what was to come and that I was able to improve my skills more when moving on to are main task. When I got to the main task I felt much more comfortable with using Photoshop and was bale to use it to my advantage and play around with it more.
The main task was different because not only was I don’t a front cover and a contents page like in the preliminary task, I had to also create a double page spread on top on the other two pages. Doing a double spread allowed me to understand how to work using an A3 canvas and spread my work over it accordingly to fill up the right amount of space.
Throughout all of the tasks I learnt how to attract my certain target audience and to include them fully in my creation progress and to target certain areas at them that they would enjoy. I also leant the process in what magazines go through to produce a magazine; I learnt how to focus my magazine on my chosen target group and to learn the techniques to do this. A lot of detailed thought went into what I wanted to do to target my audience.
Since the preliminary task I have also gained more photography skills and what looks right on camera and certain composition layouts which make a photo look more attractive.


No comments:
Post a Comment