Connecting with my audience research as my guidance I used different ways to attract my target audience in different ways. One of the ways in which I choose to do this was through my front magazine cover which is an important part of my magazine. The way in which I targeted was through the model which I choose for the front cover, the models I have chosen are around the same age band of my targeted group this allows them to relate with the models. The two models are also very good looking; this is good to attract my audience as well. The models are wearing clothes that show a particular style which is inspired with the RnB/Hip-Hop scene. Many of the clothing which has been worn in the photo are high street clothing this again attracts with the audience wanting to purchase that item.
Another way in which I was able to attract my target audience was to from the cover lines to attract the correct audience. The reason why the cover lines was such an important thing was because from the research done previously in are audience research task. The music lines and the front covers cover line were very important because there was a whole theme surrounding the magazine. The 50 GREATEST old skool songs+ The TOP 10 NEW SKOOL SONGS ON ARE HIT LIST these where the main lines this is because much of the Hip-Hop music artists have been bringing back them old school beats. I really wanted to play on this and doing what could be seen to be a battle between these two generations. My target audience would know a lot about this new change on the music scene do this would be a good topic to attract my audience with. Another cover line which is extremely important is the #Your chance to WIN DRAKE2012 concert tickets, this is a very important line because I know that my target audience are attracted to things in which allow you to win something. This could be from the fatal attraction and excitement of wanting to win something out of everyone else.
Throughout I used different fonts mainly impact this was done to give the magazine a contemporary feel as well as a slight urban feel. I feel that this works well because it gives a certain mood to the magazine, it also allows I to be recognisable so that it can sort of look as if it is a trade mark.
Another thing which was purposely done to attract my audience was the colour scheme which I had thought of. The colour scheme of magazine was mainly based on red and black these colours were highly popular when looking at the urban industry and the colours mainly associated with them. These colours are strong bold colours which allows the magazine to stand out and becomes eye catching to the audience to grab there attention. Even though the colouring seems to first of be very masculine I feel that I would attract both genders, this is because of that the urban music industry is very masculine but it still finds a way to attract a female audience. This is because a colour scheme does not effect the person in which will be interested in that certain music magazine, music has no gender barrier. The choice of language inside of my magazine is simple English this is because when reading a music magazine the reader wants it to be a very casual read and not have to be looking in a dictionary at words in which they may not understand. So it can be said that it is a magazine that is there for a light hearted read.
My contents page is another simple thing which was done to attract my audience, I done this just by keeping it simple and easy to look at straight away to be able to find what you are looking for. The contents page is also very easy on the eyes and is not to much all at one time. Simple page numbers which are in a different colour from the titles allows it easy to see the correct page numbers. Also I have added page numbers on top of the main images so that you are able to see the photo which is linked to what page number.




No comments:
Post a Comment