Monday, 21 November 2011

How the magazine pages where made.

Front Cover

The first thing which I done to create my front page cover was to take an image for it, we had to choose some one which was in are media class to do this. We took these pictures using a camera which was provided to us by the college I decided to take my picture round the back of the college near the benches, with the secondary school which is close by in the background and the green gates in the background as well. My image was a medium close up shot showing the models head, shoulders and waist. The photo has nearly all the focus on the model and the background was out of focus to give the slight blurred effect. It was an important factor that in the photo the model was giving of good non verbal communication to attract the readers as well as looking intelligent and as if they attend college we can see this from his college pass being worn around his neck. 
After taking the image I transferred it into the Adobe Photoshop software, this is where I changed the size of the picture to take up the whole of the cover which will be A4 size.  Here I also wanted to make the image look more attractable so I played around with the exposure and brightness of the photo to also give more light to it.
My Masthead was the name of my magazine which is called ‘Aspire’; I decided to do this in a darker blue colour so that it stands out form the sky which is behind it. My cover lines are all in blues or white which both work well as complementary colours with the setting in which it was taken in as well as the blue t-shirt the model is wearing.  The last thing in which I done to make it look more like a magazine cover was to add a barcode to the lower left third of the page.   

Contents page

I did not spend too much time doing a contents page because we were told that it was not the most important thing that we need to focus on. What I done to create this contents page was to add a black background because of the fact that in my magazine I wanted to have a black, blue and white colour theme running through out. I also think that it works nice with the black background and the white writing it even gives a sense that I cut out the words. Because the magazine is an a college magazine the title saying contents page I decided to put them on post stick notes and again sticks with the education theme. A last minute decision was to add an image with I wanted to be simple and not stand out to much, so I choose simple image of a group of students then I changed the colour to black and white and posterized it as well this was all done on the Adobe Photoshop software.

No comments:

Post a Comment